GeoSpectrum Technologies is proud to offer TRAPS, a compact, low-cost active passive variable depth ASW sonar. TRAPS meets the compact footprint required for small combatants and the performance required to detect submarines, torpedoes, and surface ships.
The Towed Reelable Active Passive Sonar system was developed as a single-tow Vertical Projector Array (VPA) to eliminate the need for the special handling required to deploy and retrieve towed VPAs. By reeling the specially-designed projector directly onto the winch drum, special overboarding equipment, ship time, and manpower are greatly reduced while productivity and relevant data collection is improved.
TRAPS is ideal for littoral operations and very useful in deep water as part of a multistatic system.The modular design of TRAPS provides a variety of installation options, including containerization on multi-mission vessels and standard deck-mounting.
The TRAPS system is ideal for small combatants such as OPVs, corvettes, ships of opportunity, and USVs. Applications include naval defence/surveillance, drug interdiction, homeland security, and other water-borne policing.
- Directional passive towed array
- Vertical projector array
- Armoured tow cable
- Neutrally-buoyant tow cable
- Slip-ring winch and fairlead
- Power amplifier, step-up transformer, and signal generator
- Control console & sonar processing software with real-time detection, classification, and localization
|Source Level||213 dB/1 μPa|
|Receive||Directional Receive Array|
|Detection Range||1 CZ Typical
|Minimum Operating Depth – Full Power||10 m|
|Maximum Operating Depth||150 m|
|Tow Speed||15 kts|
|Survival Speed||25 kts|
|Winch & Fairlead Footprint||2.0 m X 4.2 m X 1.8 m high|
- Compatible with hull-mounted sonar, dipping sonar, and sonobuoys for bistatic and multistatic operations
- Surface operation without cavitation
- Compact winch and fairlead
- Horizontal beam pattern
- Left-right ambiguity resolution
- Multi-target tracking
- Built-in health monitoring/BIT
- ADEOS-based processing software designed with advanced displays, analysis tools, and intuitive workflow to aid operators and reduce training requirements
- Adjustable source level and monitoring for marine mammals
- Active torpedo detection
- Torpedo decoy
- Passive receiver
- Black box pinger detection
- Sonobuoy processor
Please contact us for further details or to discuss your specific needs.