GeoSpectrum Technologies has three positions available at this time, Mechanical Engineer, Senior Electrical Engineer and Quality Manager.
Geospectrum Technologies Inc. specializes in the design and manufacture of underwater acoustic transducers and their integration into acoustic systems. There is currently an opening for a Mechanical Designer to support design and development of transducers and transducer systems. Responsibilities will include: hardware selection and design, configuration management, part procurement, assembly, test and transfer to production. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated proficiency in Mechanical Design using 3D CAD software preferably in the field of Ocean Technologies developing products for underwater applications.
- Mechanical Technologist or Engineer (equivalent experience will be considered)
- Proven experience in the mechanical aspects of product design
- Proficient with 3D CAD software and configuration management
- Motivated self-starter with experience working in an ISO 9001 environment
- Ability to work independently or as part of a design team with excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- The successful person must be able to meet government requirements to work on Canadian Controlled Goods projects.
Senior Electrical Engineer
GeoSpectrum Technologies Inc. specializes in the design and manufacture of underwater acoustic transducers and their integration into acoustic systems. There is currently an opening for a Senior Electrical Engineer to perform the detailed electrical design work required for acoustic transducer systems.
- Electrical Engineering Degree
- Experience designing and working with low noise analog and digital electronics in the acoustic and ultrasonic frequency range.
- Experience designing and working with analog converters and data acquisition equipment.
- Experience designing and testing power amplifiers, low noise amplifiers, differential amplifiers, and pre-amplifiers.
- Experience using Spice and other analog simulator tool.
- Experience creating schematics and laying out circuit boards.
- Experience working in the acoustic transducer field.
- Ability to use Spectrum Analysers, Oscilloscopes, and other test equipment.
- Ability to work independently.Ability to direct production personnel, technologists, and fellow engineers on occasion.
- Quick learner.